Google Website Translator Gadget

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Capturing The Light

"Spirit Light - Bugaboos" is my first studio painting completed from my helicopter adventure to the Bugaboo Mountains. We had the good privilege of having three extremely talented artists guide us in our work. Canada's finest, Robert Genn, Sara Genn and Liz Wiltzen offered their expertise. What an honour and privilege it was to work along side these very special artists. Thank you!

When painting Spirit Light in my studio I felt I was transported back up there on the mountaintop. That is the magical part about painting. When creating, everything else falls away and I could again feel the cool misty mountain air on my face, hear the snow crunch beneath my feet...feeling one with nature. Pure magic!

"Spirit Light - Bugaboos
24" x 20"
acrylic on canvas

Here are a couple of sketches I've completed that will be used to create future paintings.



My goal as an artist is to have the viewer feel and experience the essence of the place, its spirit.

This is my hope. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...