Google Website Translator Gadget

Friday, October 25, 2013

Paintings of Xerokampos and the Libyan Sea

Today I spent a few hours going through my sketchbooks and paintings I did last month. Every picture I looked at brought back so many wonderful memories. 
I thought I'd share a few with you here.

I completed these paintings on a beach in Xerkampos, Greece last month. The variety of blues in the water was both a challenge and a joy to paint. 


Xerokampos Beach
Acrylic on Linen


Rocky Shores
Acrylic on Linen

On my last day in Xerokampos they were expecting Beaufort 8 winds. Now that's windy! 
I think I saw Toto fly by in a basket!! 

Crashing Wave - Lybian Sea
Acrylic on Linen

In this painting I tried to capture the wild winds. In fact, the winds were so strong that I had to tape down my palette and sketch while I painted so they wouldn't blow away! 
What an artist will go through for the sake of painting on location!

In coming weeks I'll be creating more art from this trip as well as some from my incredible helicopter tour I had in the Bugaboo Mountains with Canada's finest artist, Robert Genn. It still feels like a dream when I think back to the beautiful vistas and experiences I had there. 

Looking through some of the photos I took on that trip made me realize just how fortunate I've been in my life. Not only have I had these amazing opportunities to paint in such exotic locations in the world, I've had the honour and privilege of painting with some of the world's finest artists who also just happen to be very fine and genuine people. 

Some say I've been lucky to have experienced the things I have in my life. Personally, I believe that by having faith and trusting that I'm in the right place at the right time and being open to the day, opportunities will unfold. 

Also, by surrounding myself with family and friends who believe and support me makes my life full and filled with wonder as I continue on my Artistic Journey....

2 comments:

  1. I'm so thrilled for you! What exquisitely beautiful experiences you've had. I love the paintings you've done of these lovely, lovely places. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Krista! It was the most amazing cancer victory tour and I am already dreaming about my next great adventure. Now back to the easel I go...Life truly is an incredible ride!! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...