Google Website Translator Gadget

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My Surprise Adventure

As I was making my way to Page Arizona I entered Utah. I thought it best to stop at tourist information and ask for directions. Actually, I asked which would be the most picturesque route to take. The attendant recommended I take the Zion National Park route. Am I glad she did!!

Zion National Park

It was the most beautiful drive and as I turned each corner, the view was more spectacular than the last.

Zion National Park

I had no idea this part of the world even existed!! What was supposed to be a 4 hour drive took me 7 hours!! I took about 500 pictures that day!

As I arrived at my hotel at Lake Powell it was already dark so I had no idea what I would be waking to. Here is the first thing I saw.

Castle Rock, Lake Powell

As you can see this is a painter's paradise. I will have to return and spend more time exploring this area. On my last night there I was treated to a glorious sunset. Here is a sketch I did of that beautiful moment.

Lake Powell Sunset 
watercolour sketch

My next post will be about my discoveries of Lake Powell and the Antelope Canyon. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...