Google Website Translator Gadget

Thursday, March 21, 2013

~ Poetic Reflections ~

Well, it has been a long and very white winter here in Canada and that's a good thing...it means more studio time!

I have been happily painting away working from photos I took when on my last wonderful artistic journey. I can't believe it's been almost a year since I was exploring my way around the Tuscan hillside and the Greek island of Rhodes. Sifting through the more than 5000 photographs has been a joy and brings me back to that particular moment in time. 

In the coming days I will be sharing with you the paintings I've created over the winter and a little story about them too. Enjoy ~


~ Poetic Reflections ~

I'd just returned from a wonderful day of exploring the island of Simi and was walking along Rhodes Old Town harbour. The sun was low in the sky washing a brilliant glowing light all around me. The stone wall fortress on one side, the harbour on the other. Beautiful doesn't begin to describe.

People were busily rushing their way along seeming not to notice what was all around them. Can't they see this beautiful light? This incredible feeling of calm that surrounds us all?




"Poetic Reflections"
22" x 30"
watercolour

I stopped to absorb this magical moment when I looked deep into the watery depths and this is what I saw. I was struck by the beautiful abstract reflections. The ever changing shapes captivated me, so fluid and alive. I knew I would have to paint them.

My goal was to capture this liquid energy of calm. As I was painting Poetic Reflections I was transported back to that magical place in time. I was standing there once again mesmerized by the ever changing patterns filled with the same calmness I felt when I first discovered this perfect moment.

~ There are so many wonders that surround us each and every day. All we need to do is see and feel with an open heart and mind ~

2 comments:

  1. A, "liquid energy of calm", is a great way to describe the link between the artist's perception and her feelings in capturing a moment in time and space.
    The rhythmic magic of words and image captivate the the senses of the reader and viewer.
    Well done, Connie! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words! It's nice to know others connect with my work on a personal level. It's always been my goal as an artist.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...