Google Website Translator Gadget

Thursday, May 24, 2012

New York meets Florence

....or is it Florence meets New York?
Here is another post started when in Florence. These three artists Marie Freudenberge seated,Janet Cook, center and Kristin Zimmermann were working hard. Or is it really work when surrounded by the sights and sounds of Florence?!

Yesterday I when out walking along the river for the last time here in Florence and came across three artists down on the riverbank painting at their easels. It was a beautiful sunny day and they were certainly in their glory. Seeing them reminded me of masterworks you see in a museum where the light captured was pure and the moment perfect. I took a picture of them and left them to their paints.


Painting Along The Arno River Near Ponte Vecchio

 As I was walking along the top of the wall I took a few more and called to them if they wanted the photos I would be happy to email them. I threw my business card over the wall and then the wind took it a bit. They had to run to retrieve it but they were laughing and having a great time. 

New York Painters -View From Above

I have always believed the best part of travel is the people you meet. Wonderful!! They were from the New York City area and I look forward to keeping in touch. More new pen pals - love it! J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...