Google Website Translator Gadget

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Emerald Isle

I met Joan and Patty while waiting for the Dublin train to Belfast. She and I really hit it off talking about children and the joys (and challenges) of raising them. The more we talked the more I liked her. Her hubby was in line getting their tickets and when he came over I immediately liked him too. “Great fun loving couple they are” as they say here on the Emerald Isle. Lots of laughter and teasing between them as the green grass and stone houses passed by my window. Dublin is the place of my mother’s birth father. I will be exploring this city during my final days in Ireland and plan now to make my way up to Belfast. After a much needed sleep I will travel through the countryside to the northern town of Bushmills then back down to Belfast along the coast then fly over to the Isle of Man where my other grandfather’s family was from. Hmmmm seems like a lot of moving around but I do want to experience as much of this part of the world as I can.
The combination of the rhythmic motion of the train and the fact I have been on the “road” now for over 24 hours is making it hard to stay awake. The best way to get on track with sleep patterns is to stay awake for the first day for as long as possible and try to go to bed at the regular time.

....It seems I have failed as an hour has passed as I nodded off to dreamland but I must admit to feeling a bit more human after my “wee” rest. I must say I do love the way the Irish are so musical with their words!

The announcement has been made as the train slows and now I feel like I have truly arrived to this land where my grandfather was from.

Top of the mornin’ to ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...